If you think Humus is only for dipping, think again! This Everything Bagel Hummus toast is loaded with everything bagel seasoned hummus, poached eggs, avocados, fresh veggies and fruits. Breakfast toast never tasted so good!
We’re talking everything seasoned hummus, hummus info, breakfast toast, hummus toast and how to build the perfect hummus platter. There’s also a fun video here on making simple recipes like this that the whole family would love and enjoy! A healthy start to your day starts here!
Today’s delicious recipe is in partnership with my friends at Sabra Canada – creators of luscious, delicious and authentic– tasting hummus.
You guys know I love a good hummus. I would probably find a way to integrate it into every meal.
But I have to say, hummus for breakfast is like the absolute best way to start your day. So here’s to a healthy start to your year and your mornings!
Luckily, my whole family loves hummus! Just as it is, Sabra hummus with cucumbers or carrots happens to be my kids favorite snack. The easiest and tastiest snack for moms to put together.
While hummus is super delicious as it is, imagine how much tastier it would be when you serve it up with your salads, proteins, bowls, eggs, and more!
Today’s post in all fairness isn’t so much about a complicated recipe or cooking technique, it’s mainly an inspiration for your next breakfast toast. It’s also a post to chat about everything hummus and fun ways to really enjoy it!
Just have a look at the video below and you’ll be inspired to make this toast!
As obvious as it will sound, I can’t stress enough that a good hummus toast starts with a good hummus.
I’m using a brand NEW flavor for Sabra Hummus Canada (launching mid-February!) and it’s the Everything Bagel Seasoned Hummus! Yes, it’s exactly what you read – everything bagel seasoning over hummus. OMG. So Good!
The base of it is Sabra’s rich and creamy delicious hummus that’s absolutely the best– tasting hummus you can find in Canada. Over that, there’s a blend of everything bagel spice gently swirled in, and it’s like the icing on the cake.
You’ll find Sabra Hummus across grocery and mass retailers across Canada. Look for the Everything Bagel Seasoned one and try it with toast! Or, try any of their other deliciously topped hummus, such as Caramelized Onion, Roasted Red Pepper or Supremely Spicy – any and all will work!
So here’s the breakdown of the recipe I made today.
EVERYTHING BREAKFAST TOAST
There are a few components to this breakfast toast today.
- Bread or toast ( I used Rye bread)
- The Hummus (I used Sabra Hummus – Everything Bagel Seasoned).
- The Eggs ( I used poached eggs)
- The Fresh veggies ( I used arugula, tomatoes and cucumbers) • The Fruits (for sweetness I used pomegranate arils and some strawberries)
- The seasoning ( (I used salt, pepper and chill flakes). • Olive oil for drizzling.
This is such a hearty and filing protein– packed breakfast toast if you make it as is. It’s the best way to start off your mornings, it’s also a perfect lunch to boost your energy mid– day. And if you’re a breakfast for dinner person, hello, this is a great choice for dinner too!
So let’s talk about how to make and customize this hummus toast.
First of all, the bread is completely up to your taste. I love a nice huge toast of rye bread. It’s delicious, hearty and reminds me so much of Austria and the amazing types of rye bread I had there.
You can however use regular toast if it’s your preference, or if that’s what you have on hand.
The hummus is of course Sabra. Always made with quality chickpeas and tahini, you really do taste that. So don’t skimp on quality here!
Eggs are certainly optional. If you want to make this a vegan and totally plant– based toast, then skip the eggs or use seasoned tofu if you’d like.
If you’re using eggs, I’ve made this toast with fried eggs and it was just as delicious!!
For the avocados and veggies, use whatever you prefer. Carrots, sweet peppers, greens, onions, and all other sorts of things you would love with your hummus!
I find that avocados and hummus are the perfect pair. Likewise, eggs and avocados and hummus go so so well together!
The fruit is completely optional, but it adds a touch of sweetness to the toast. So keep it on the side if you don’t feel like adding it to the toast itself.
Finally, the seasoning for your toast. Since the hummus is really so very well seasoned and flavorful, you don’t need any extra seasoning here. I just seasoned the eggs and veggies lightly with salt, pepper and chill flakes.
Olive oil here is the perfect finish, however it’s also completely optional.
How simple was that? Can’t wait for you guys to make this and tag me so I can check out your delicious hummus toasts! Be on the lookout for the New Everything Bagel Seasoned Sabra Hummus—you’re gonna LOVE it!
And now let’s chat hummus in details. I’m answering some of your most asked questions below.
Hummus is a great source of plant protein with about 8 grams of protein per serving. It’s super easy to get your protein from hummus
because it’s such a versatile ingredient. I mean I could eat it with a spoon!
Is Hummus Vegan? Is Hummus Gluten Free?
Yes and Yes! Sabra hummus is plant– based and vegetarian so it’s the perfect plant based protein. It is also gluten free. Hummus is such a genius product made with the simplest and minimal ingredients, so that’s why it’s important to make sure those are quality ingredients. You will taste it!
Since Sabra hummus comes in a variety of flavors, it’s always best to read the label and make sure all the toppings and flavors are also vegan. Today’s everything seasoned hummus flavor is Vegan.
How long does hummus last?
In the fridge, once opened, the hummus should be used within a week – if it lasts that long!) If the Sabra hummus tub is still sealed, then you can keep it in the fridge until the expiry date showing on the tub.
You can certainly turn today’s hummus toast recipe into a hummus sandwich. Simply put another toast over the toppings and you got it!
Also one of my favorite hummus sandwiches or wrap would be made using this ever– so– popular Falafel Sandwich. Just slather hummus over the pita bread and you got yourself a treat, to just a sandwich! Use any Sabra Hummus flavour you desire.
I’m bolding this topic to grab your attention here— a hummus platter is a serious crowd pleasing platter. Let’s me show you why.
- It’s versatile. Any ingredient you have works well with a platter.
- It’s Inviting. It almost says, try me!
- You can serve it with any meal and any season.
- A platter is so appealing for families and even for two people! My family would pick all their meals on a platter if I let them! • It allows you to customize your plate and add more or less of what you really like.
- Since hummus is such a versatile ingredient, adding it to the platter you’re serving would be a no brainer.
- Platters make you feel so artistic and it’s a fun ay to get creative and turn a meal into something fancy.
Imagine today’s breakfast recipe into a platter. I would have the hummus at the centre of my platter since it’s my hero ingredient.
And now here’s the fun part – arranging everything else around it. The eggs would be arranged close by and together, the avocado slices similarly nestled together.
The remaining veggies arranged in a way to make colors pop and contrast, so I wouldn’t have two green items close to each other for example. I would spread them apart to allow other ingredients to shine.
Have the bread at the corner of your platter and watch everyone assemble their breakfast toast to their taste. So much fun!
My Smoked Salmon Platter is such a popular recipe on the blog and it’s really not a recipe, again it’s an inspiration and a fun idea to brunch! Imagine adding hummus to that! YUM!
HUMMUS TOAST TIPS
- Start with Quality Hummus such as Sabra Hummus. • Pick your favorite toast bread, rye, flat bread, challah, or whichever you really like.
- Hummus goes as a first layer on the toast because it will add so much flavor to the bread.
- Also by spreading humus first, you allow all veggies to stick perfectly to the toast without wiggling.
- If you’re making this completely plant– based, skip the eggs al together or substitute it with tofu.
- The way you choose to cook the eggs is completely optional. Hard boiled, pan fried, poached, scrambled egg, they all work! • Have your veggies sliced/chopped to assemble the toast really quickly, and use your favorite ingredients here.
- Fruit adds a touch of sweetness and it’s great to have on the side of your toast.
- You don’t need any heavy seasoning for this toast recipe since the Sabra Hummus is seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning. • Make this into a sandwich and add another layer of bread on the top!
- You can also make this recipe using sweet potato toast instead of bread for a super low carb option!
- Finally, make this recipe into a platter and spread all the components of the hummus toast on a cutting board or a marble
board and serve it. This would make breakfast and extra fun family gathering!
- 1 container Sabra Everything Bagel Seasoned Hummus or flavour of your choice.
- 4 poached eggs
- 2 avocados peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup cucumber slices
- 2 to matoes sliced
- 1 cup arugula
- 1/4 teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Pinch chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons olive oil divided
- 1/2 cup pomegranate arils optional
- 1 cup strawberries sliced (optional)
- 4 slices Rye bread toasted or no
Assemble the toast with a generous 2 tablespoons of hummus spread on the bread.
Place one egg at the end of the bread and surround it with the remaining veggies.
Season the eggs and veggies lightly with salt, pepper and chili flakes if you’d like the extra spice.
A tiny drizzle of olive oil finishes off the toast and some pomegranate arils if you like.
Enjoy the toast right away! 🙂
HUMMUS TOAST TIPS
• Start with Quality Hummus such as Sabra Hummus. • Pick your favorite toast bread, rye, flat bread, challah, or whichever you really like.
• Hummus goes as a first layer on the toast because it will add so much flavor to the bread.
• Also by spreading humus first, you allow all veggies to stick perfectly to the toast without wiggling.
• If you’re making this completely plant- based, skip the eggs al together or substitute it with tofu.
• The way you choose to cook the eggs is completely optional. Hard boiled, pan fried, poached, scrambled egg, they all work! • Have your veggies sliced/chopped to assemble the toast really quickly, and use your favorite ingredients here.
• Fruit adds a touch of sweetness and it’s great to have on the side of your toast.
• You don’t need any heavy seasoning for this toast recipe since the Sabra Hummus is seasoned with Everything Bagel Seasoning. • Make this into a sandwich and add another layer of bread on the top!
• You can also make this recipe using sweet potato toast instead of bread for a super low carb option!
• Finally, make this recipe into a platter and spread all the components of the hummus toast on a cutting board or a marble
board and serve it. This would make breakfast and extra fun family gathering!