Today’s Grilled Chicken is all about flavor, ease and deliciousness. Succulent chicken breast with a Mediterranean marinade and tahini sauce.
I’m savoring every last sip of summer and BBQ. There’s also something about chicken recipes that screams comfort. Anytime, any season. These skewers as delicious as they are made on the grill, can also be made at home when the weather gets colder.
Well, yes it’s another grilled chicken recipe. Because while I wish I could be grilling every single day different things, I’m most often rushed. Chicken breasts are quick, easy and no fuss option for the grill.
By cutting up the chicken breasts into an inch size cubes, I can almost be done grilling in 15 minutes.
Also, because chicken breast is lean and mild in taste, you really don’t need to wait for marinades. Just season and grill away.
These Mediterranean chicken skewers with spiced chickpeas, feta crumbles, pita bread and perfect tahini sauce makes a great entertaining platter!
GRILLED CHICKEN RECIPE
I love this chicken recipe for how delicious it is, how very Mediterranean it is and finally, how easy it is!
I can’t stress enough about this Perfect Tahini Sauce to serve next to the chicken. It’s the perfect creamy dreamy sauce, that’s not heavy or mayo based. It’s tangy and smoky from the lime and cumin.
Let’s talk also about the spicy chickpeas. It’s spicy, creamy, hearty, filling and super delicious to add to your grilled chicken platter.
Finishing off the chicken with feta cheese, chopped parsley and mint is like icing on the cake.
Now let’s start making this delicious chicken recipe!
GRILLED CHICKEN MARINADE
First of all, it starts with grilled chicken breast. I could probably mention you can use skinless boneless chicken thighs. But I prefer chicken breast for how lean and neutral tasting they are here.
For the record however, boneless skinless thighs are juicier and almost impossible to dry out. So I’ll leave the choice here up to you.
The chicken marinade is as simple as: yogurt, garlic, herbs, lemon juice, paprika, oregano and pinch of nutmeg.
HOW TO GRILL CHICKEN BREAST
This is certainly a situation where size does matter. So spending on the size of your chicken breast cubes, the cooking time will vary.
To be on the safe side, always aim for an inch cube chicken. Bigger than that will cook longer, while smaller will cook less.
Skewer the chicken breasts and have your grill preheated on medium.
You’ll start grilling the chicken for 5 minutes per side, and then start flipping the chicken skewer. After flipping the chicken, you can cook it for another 5 minutes and then check for doneness.
The chicken is done when it feels slightly bouncy to the touch and golden in color. If you use a meat thermometer, it should register 170 degrees.
GRILLING CHICKEN TIPS
- Use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe if you prefer.
- Cut the chicken into about an inch size cubes so they all cook together and cook in 15 mins max.
- Don’t over flip the chicken skewers, instead let them charr and flip them twice or so.
- Grill the chicken with the lid covered for at least half the time.
- If you want to prepare in advance, marinade the chicken up to a day ahead but leave out the salt. Add the salt just before grilling.
- Make the tahini sauce and spicy chickpeas while the chicken is grilling.
- To make this an entertaining recipe, serve the chicken skewers scattered on a platter with the sauce, feta cheese, some pita bread, salad, lemon slices and watch everyone devour !
QUICK CHICKEN RECIPES
Grilled Chicken Breast Skewers
- 2 pounds chicken breast boneless skinless
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/4 cup Greek yogurt
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- pinch nutmeg
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 cup chickpeas cooked
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- Perfect Tahini Sauce
- 1/4 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 4 pita breads
- 1 cup arugula
- 1 cup baby tomatoes
- 1/4 cup parsley and mint leaves chopped
- Preheat the grill to medium.
- Put the chicken and marinade ingredients all in one bowl and toss well. Skewer the chicken pieces on a wood or metal stick and start putting it on the grill.
- Let the chicken cook for 5 minutes and then flip the skewers. Cook for another 5-7 minutes with the lid covered.
- In the meantime make the tahini sauce and chickpeas.
- For the chickpeas: Toss all ingredients together and roast in a preheated 425 degrees oven for 15 mins.
- Alternatively you can cook the chickpeas on the stove top stirring occasionally to maintain a crisp crust on the chickpeas.
- Serve the chicken topped with feta, herbs and with the sauce and bread.
Use boneless chicken thighs instead of chicken breasts in this recipe if you prefer.
Cut the chicken into about an inch size cubes so they all cook together and cook in 15 mins max.
Don’t over flip the chicken skewers, instead let them charr and flip them twice or so.
Grill the chicken with the lid covered for at least half the time.
If you want to prepare in advance, marinade the chicken up to a day ahead but leave out the salt. Add the salt just before grilling.
Make the tahini sauce and spicy chickpeas while the chicken is grilling.
To make this an entertaining recipe, serve the grilled chicken skewers scattered on a platter with the sauce, feta cheese, some pita bread, salad, lemon slices and watch everyone devour !