Take your snack game to the next level by baking a batch of these fun Pizza Popcorn Bites! Served with a no-cook 2-minute Pizza Sauce, they are simple to make while providing you with all the flavor of pizza in just one bite! A huge hit with kids and adults alike!
If you are a lover of bread and a pizza, this pizza popcorn bites recipe with no-cook pizza sauce is the perfect treat for you! It’s a snack size treat that’s super quick to make once your pizza dough is ready! The sauce takes 1 minute to mix up and it’s loaded with basil, garlic, oregano and parmesan. Snack and enjoy the whole flavour of pizza one bite at a time!
Why Pizza Popcorn Bites are the most fun snack ever:
This is such a fun recipe to make and enjoy with kids, friends, family, neighbours, your dog, and just about anyone.
I definitely had help from my girls here, and they snacked on these delicious oven-warm pizza popcorn bites while I was taking the photos.
Well they have a good reason—they claimed it’s not yummy when it gets cold, which I have to agree with. But I think the real reason which they won’t admit to, is that they are really hard to resist!
The recipe starts off with my best pizza dough, because I always make extra and keep it in the freezer.
By all means don’t be discouraged if you have no dough patience, any store-bought pizza dough would work for you, and actually, ready biscuit dough works too.
So while store-bought works fine for the dough I really urge you to make my easy no cook pizza sauce from scratch! It takes 2 minutes.
The sauce is made from canned crushed tomatoes which are mixed with fresh garlic, fresh basil, dried oregano and parmesan cheese.
It tastes like the best pizza sauce you’ll make, and it has a fresh feel to it with a burst of flavor which only need a couple of minutes to make! So, by all means, don’t miss out on it.
How to make Pizza Popcorn Bites:
Now all you’ll do for this delicious pizza popcorn bites is take a tiny chunk of mozzarella and cover it with some pizza dough. Roll around until the dough covers the cheese seamlessly.
Dip the balls in olive oil flavored with oregano and arrange on a baking tray.
Once baked, these turn out soft, cheesy, flavorful tiny bites. When dipped in the homemade pizza sauce you will have the whole pizza experience in one single bite.
I love finishing these pizza popcorn bites with minced fresh basil and freshly grated Parmesan cheese. This recipe is the perfect snack for all kinds of fun occasions, like Game Day or a girl’s night in! It makes for wonderful finger food that brings the whole family—big and small – together.
Tips for success:
- You may add pepperoni to the stuffing for a different flavor.
- While store-bought pizza dough works just fine, I recommend you try my Homemade Pizza Dough.
- For making the pizza sauce dip, head over to my recipe for No-Cook Pizza Sauce.
Pizza Popcorn Bites
Take your snack game to the next level by baking a batch of these fun Pizza Popcorn Bites! Served with a no-cook 2-minute Pizza Sauce, they are simple to make yet provide you with all the flavor of pizza in just one bite! A huge hit with kids and adults alike!
- 1/2 batch best pizza dough ( Or your favourite, or ready made biscuit dough)
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese in cubes
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons fresh basil minced
- 1 batch Easy No cook Pizza Sauce
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Pinch off half golf size pieces of dough (depending on your taste, you may make them bigger or smaller) and work with one at a time leaving the rest covered with plastic wrap.
- Take one piece of dough in one hand and using your other hands, press down the center making a cavity to stuff the cheese.
- Take a cube of cheese and stuff it into the cavity and gently close up the dough covering all the cheese and roll it between the palms of your hands into ball shapes.
- Arrange the prepared balls into a parchment lined baking sheet in a single layer. Repeat with the remaining dough and cover up the balls with plastic wrap.
- In a small bowl, mix the olive, garlic powder and oregano.
- Take a pastry brush and brush the tops of the pizza balls with the olive oil mixture or take a pizza ball and dip half of it in the oil mixture.
- Bake the pizza popcorn balls for about 12 minutes (depending on the size and your oven).
- In the meantime prepare the easy no-cook pizza sauce.
Once the pizza popcorn balls are done, you can brush them with the remaining half of the olive oil mixture (optional). Otherwise, serve them sprinkled with fresh basil and parmesan cheese.
Variation: You may add pepperoni in the stuffing with the cheese for a different flavor.