This easy Pizza Sauce is a No Cook Pizza Sauce Recipe. It will make you wonder why have you ever cooked homemade pizza sauce before! Loaded with flavors, bursts freshness and so good served on any pizza!
This Pizza sauce recipe is incredibly rich, with a beautiful bright red color, and it all comes together in 3 minutes! This sauce is every pizza lovers’ dream! It’s a recipe you can’t miss!
When I was young, we visited Italy and enjoyed quite a bit of pizza as far as I can remember they all tasted the same. Their pizza sauce was super distinctive.
Then I visited it again a few years ago and went for the pizza, and that’s when I realized how different pizza tasted in different areas of Italy, even the shape and serving style of pizza is different.
I’ve also noticed that Italian pizza does taste different than American-Italian style pizza. The one thing however that tastes and feels familiar was the Sauce.!
You’ll probably notice the differences are based on personal taste. So like a marinara sauce, you can find some that are extra garlicky while others are extra oniony. Some sauces are made with fresh tomatoes and have a brighter red color, while others are cooked down to a deep red tone.
Also some are thinner than others in consistency. It’s basically a taste thing!
PIZZA SAUCE RECIPE / HOMEMADE PIZZA SAUCE
For today, I’m choosing a no cook sauce. The ingredient are probably the same.
- Crushed Tomatoes
- Parmesan Cheese
There’s probably nothing simpler than this.
HOW TO MAKE PIZZA SAUCE
Simply mix all ingredients together in the bowl and mix with a spoon!
Why no cook?
- Crushed Tomatoes add the perfect consistency to the sauce with a rich yet bright tomato flavor.
- Fresh garlic is the best way to infuse flavor into the tomatoes. You can substitute garlic powder if you have a thing against fresh garlic.
- Basil. A classic flavor. I love using fresh basil and even more I love adding Basil Pesto for more flavor.
- Parmesan Cheese adds so much flavor. Use freshly grated for best taste.
- Seasoning: salt and pepper.
- Oregano: the pizza flavor you can’t miss!
Easy No Cook Pizza Sauce
- 2 cups of canned crushed tomatoes
- 3 medium cloves of garlic , finely grated using a microplane or minced
- 1/4 cup of basil leaves , finely chopped
- 1/4 cup of freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 teaspoon of dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of black pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon of sugar
- pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
- 1 teaspoon of extra virgin olive oil
In a medium sized bowl, add all the ingredients ad mix them well.
Let the sauce sit for a few minutes and use it right away.