This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #timetocrunch #CollectiveBias
Today’s post is all about the FUN! A seriously easy and delicious assortment of Party Snacks for the Big Game. This rustic set up includes some spicy mini meatballs, a cool dill yogurt sauce, some crunchy chips, pretzels, cashews, fresh veggies, the ultimate guacamole with sour cream, and some chocolate popcorn!
Hey!! It’s been a week since I posted and it seems like I’ve been gone forever. Well I’m back from FL, and I have to say it sucks to be back lol I found my home drenched in snow (thank you MI), I started looking for snow pants, mittens, hats all over again for the kids, I had a ton of housework, laundry and grocery shopping to do, but above all I was exhausted and had a lot of sleeping to do! We all miss Miami already 🙂
Honestly, the one thing that got me all excited to be back was seeing my friends, neighbours and having kids back at school again lol. Seeing everyone for the Game was probably the best idea ever! I love it when we get together and have fun cheering, screaming, laughing, snacking and drinking! It’s one of those fun parties that are super easy and rather relaxing for me to throw. A party snacks party!
For today, I wanted to show you an easy DIY spread full of delicious party snacks that you can make without fancy tools or handy skills. There are times I would probably put my handy skills to action and spend time on cutting, gluing and making a custom tray. But there are times I want a relaxed, rustic look to my tray. Today’s this time.
It’s all about the delicious crunchy snacks mixed with popping colors from veggies and a cool dip or two for a spicy mini meatball. You can similarly use a spicy chicken, but I felt the meatballs were different and I preferred them over the chicken 🙂 The perfect sauce for the meatballs was a dill and yogurt sauce, similar to the dressing I used in the Lemon Cauliflower Rice Salad With Yogurt Dressing recipe, except without vinegar and with extra dill.
Now let’s talk crunch and snack goodness! The more the better works well here 🙂 I’ve used a combo of Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels, Cape Cod® Potato Chips, Kettle Brand® Potato Chips, Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®, Emerald® cashews, Pop Secret® popcorn which I popped and tossed in melted chocolate! When you go to your grocery store, you’ll be drooling over a ton of different flavors and varieties of these fabulous snacks! So hard to chose which ones I needed, I can probably assure you whichever flavors you pick will be utterly YUMMY!
Now here’s how simple this variety of party snacks tray comes together. Take your cutting board (any size depending on how many people are coming , or make two, three of them) and place a deep bowl in the centre. Fill that with zesty guacamole ( I used my Classic Mexican Guacamole recipe). Put some sour cream in a mini ziploc bag, snip one corner off and pipe straight lines of sour cream over your guacamole. Dot that with a few black beans.
Scatter some greens on the board around the guacamole plate (this helps the chips to stick to the board) and then scatter Cape Cod® Potato Chips or Kettle Brand® Potato Chips. Now top that with some Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®, some Emerald® cashews and Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels. Make room for some cucumbers, tomatoes, black olives, some sliced apples, carrots, coloured peppers and any veggies you prefer over the chips :).
For the meatballs, I’ve made them using plenty of garlic, scallions, parsley, oregano, chilli flakes and nutmeg powder. Also, to make these cute mini shapes I found a melon baller to be the perfect tool! Then I broiled the meatballs for 5 minutes and they were done! When you layer a potato chip, a spicy meatball, a drizzle of yogurt sauce, OMG so GOOD!!!!! This is a crowd pleaser combo so don’t miss out on it!! 🙂
Making a spread is like is SUPER easy and such a fun way to enjoy the Game! There’s something for everyone, there’s plenty of goodies to chose from, and above all, you’ll enjoy making it more than you think!! I can’t urge you enough to grab this post, get some inspiration on how you’ll do your Big Game spread and grab all these delicious snacks! Just make it your own and it’ll be a hit—you absolutely can’t go wrong when you start with these goodies! 🙂 Bonus—you’ll find plenty more inspiration right here so double ENJOY!! 🙂
Easy Party Snacks for the Big Game
For the MeatBalls:
- 2 lbs ground beef
- 1 teaspoon of salt
- 3 scallions trimmed
- 1 teaspoon of pepper
- 5 cloves of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg
- 1-2 teaspoons of chilli flakes to your taste
- 1/3 cup of fresh parsley leaves
- 1 lime juiced
For the Yogurt Sauce:
- 1 cup of Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons of dill leaves minced
- 1 garlic clove minced
- pinch of salt
- juice of half a lime
Assortment of Snacks from:
- Snyder’s of Hanover® Pretzels
- Cape Cod® Potato Chips
- Kettle Brand® Potato Chips
- Snack Factory® Pretzel Crips®
- Emerald® Nuts
- Homemade or store-bought Guacamole
- 2 Tablespoons of Sour Cream
- black beans
- Salad greens
- Cut up tomatoes
- Sweet bell peppers
- Pop Secret® Poprcorn popped according to package instructions
- 1 cup of semisweet chocolate melted
- Preheat the oven to broil. Line a baking sheet with tin foil and set aside. In a food processor, add all the meatball ingredients except for the beef. Process until fine. In a large bowl, add the beef and the processed ingredients and mix together. Use a melon baller, scoop out mini balls of the beef mixture and place them on the lined baking sheet. Broil the meatballs for 5-6 minutes until cooked through. Remove from the oven.
- Make the yogurt sauce by mixing all ingredients together and set aside.
- Assemble the platter by placing the guacamole in a deep plate. Place that in the centre of a cutting board. Add the sour cream to a mini zipped bag and snip off the tip, then pipe lines of sour cream over the guacamole and scatter a few black beans over that.
- Cover the surface of the cutting board with salad green (this helps the chips to stick to the cutting board) and then scatter some chips and the assortment of snacks. Make room for some veggies and fruits if you like too.
- Assemble the meatball snacks by placing a potato chip, spicy meatballs and cool yogurt drizzle over that.
- For the Popcorn: Mix the popped corn with the melted chocolate and toss well. Then place in cones to serve! Enjoy 🙂