More easy, light and fresh recipes for the New Year! This Garlic Orange Seared Salmon recipe is one I whip up even when I’m on vacation and away from my kitchen. It’s that simple. It’s that flavorful. And that delicious! All you need is a few ingredients, a skillet and 15 minutes 🙂 You’ll be quite surprised how easy it is to cook succulent salmon on the stove top—so grab your garlic, oranges, salmon and let’s do this!
How’s 2018 treating you guys?!! Too soon to tell I know, but since I’m still on vacation I feel it’s sunny, bright and relaxing. Now check back with me a day after I’m home and find my house drenched in snow. I’ll have a totally different view of 2018 lol But I won’t think about that now.
I’m checking in today with a really easy orange seared salmon recipe. It’s one I can make even on vacation so that’s how easy it is. Since I have little ones, I never (like never) go on vacation unless I know I’m staying at a place where I have a full kitchen, washer/dryer, etc..Because you know what, I’m on vacation to have fun and not to struggle with them being uncomfortable lol
So that’s why it’s not totally unusual for me to cook/bake while I’m away. It may be totally crazy, I agree (in case you’re thinking otherwise), but not unusual.
Here’s the deal with seared salmon, it’s deliciously succulent and you have so much control over how you prefer your salmon to be cooked. Some prefer a touch of pink on the inside, while others prefer a full totally cooked though fillet. Either way it’s in your hands. One of my very first recipes on the blog was this Seared Salmon with Blue Cheese recipe and it was a HIT. As unusual as that combination sounds, it’s OH SO GOOD!!
Fist of all you’ll season the salmon (salt, pepper basically, and maybe a touch of brown sugar if you prefer) and sear the salmon in a hot skillet with olive oil. After searing the fillet for 2-3 minutes, you’ll flip them and add in the garlic and fresh thyme. Sauté them around the salmon. Squeeze some orange juice, cover the skillet and let the garlic orange seared salmon cook to the level you prefer.
Once your salmon is ready, serve that over a salad dressed with an amazing bright orange dressing ( I used the same one I did with these easy Winter Goodness Bowls). Finally squeeze and extra bit of fresh orange juice right over the salmon and enjoy!! Easy delicious dinner dreams are made of this orange seared salmon!! 🙂 Enjoy!! Sending you guys love from Miami!!
Garlic Orange Seared Salmon
- 4 salmon fillets skin on or skinless depending on your taste
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 teaspoon of pepper
- 2 teaspoons of brown sugar
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 4 -6 sprigs of fresh thyme leaves removed
- Juice of 1 orange about 1/4 cup
- Extra orange juice for drizzling
- Preheat a skillet with olive oil over medium high heat.
- Season the salmon with salt, pepper and brown sugar evenly on both sides.
- Sear the salmon when the skillet is hot, for about 2-3 minutes. Right before flipping the salmon, add in the glare and thyme. Flip the salmon fillets and sauté the garlic for a minute around the salmon fillets.
- Add in the orange juice, drop the heat to medium and cover the skillet for 5-7 minutes—depending on how well done you prefer your salmon fillets to be.
- Serve the orange seared salmon with a side salad and orange dressing.
- Enjoy! 🙂