Learn how to make perfect Baked Potato Wedges at home. Seasoned with Mexican spices, these go well with many different meals but are also great on their own served with my Avocado Crema! Perfect for parties, and barbecues or as a Game Day Snack.
Calling all Hockey Fans today! I’ve got a perfect snack for you to munch on while you enjoy the game! These Perfect Baked Potato wedges are crispy on the outside and pillowy soft on the inside. They are crispy on the outside, tender on the inside and totally loaded with flavor and spices, so serve them with a dip of cooling Avocado Crema!
Why this recipe for Baked Potato Wedges with Avocado Crema works:
These perfect Baked Potato Wedges served with a cooling Mexican Avocado Crema are so easy to make and a life-saver for so many situations. Potatoes always scream comfort to me. Any type. Any time. And who can resist potatoes when they’re spicy + crispy?
The best potatoes to use for this baked potato wedges recipe would be a starchy potato like Russet. In addition to the crispy factor, the starch also creates this pillowy soft structure on the inside which is unbeatable!
As for the seasoning of these perfect baked potato wedges, I’m going with a bit of Mexican flare to match my avocado cream. So I’m going with salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder, cilantro, a touch of cumin, paprika and chilli flakes.
How to make perfect Baked Potato Wedges:
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet. Sprinkle them with the spice mixture and toss to coat.
Add a drizzle of olive oil. Toss the potato wedges to coat them all with oil and in the oven, they go! Now, we’re so close to having the perfect baked potato wedges!
How to make Avocado Crema:
Now let’s talk crema. Avocado Crema. You know that feeling when you can’t get enough guacamole in life? Then you add some sour cream and blend it in your Vitamix and it turns in to a luscious, velvety smooth and addictive avocado sauce that you can eat with just about anything!
That’s EXACTLY what this Avocado Cream is. Avocados, scallions, cilantro, lime, olive oil, salt, green chilli, sour cream and a blender. Blend for a few seconds. Done
This avocado crema is perfect with salads, grilled meats, as a spread on sandwiches, a dip with your crunchy treats and even just eaten plain with a spoon!
The homemade Mexican Avocado Crema perfectly balances the spice and cools the whole dish off. In addition, it boosts the Mexican flavor of the potatoes and beautifully contrasts with the crispy texture.
So GOOD!! I would have this plate all to myself if no one was watching.
Don’t miss out on these easy, quick and addictively good baked potato wedges with avocado crema. Enjoy it 🙂
Tips for success:
- Do not skimp on the olive oil when coating the potato wedges. It makes sure they turn crispy when baking in the oven and prevent them from sticking to the sheet pan.
- Don’t have a high-speed blender? You can also use a food processor to make the avocado crema!
Perfect Baked Potato Wedges with Avocado Crema
Learn how to make perfect Baked Potato Wedges at home. These go well with so many different meals but are also great on their own served with my Avocado Crema! Perfect for parties, and barbecues or as a Game Day Snack.
For the Potatoes:
- 4 pounds Russet Potatoes , cut up into wedges
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes (more or less to taste)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro leaves chopped
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
For the Avocado Crema:
- 3 Hass avocados , pitted and peeled
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 scallions
- 1 green chilli ( or jalapeno)
- 1/2 cups packed cilantro leaves
- 1 lime juiced
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
For the Potato Wedges:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Place the potatoes in a single layer on a baking sheet.
Sprinkle the spices over the potatoes and toss them to coat. Then drizzle the olive oil and toss the potatoes again making sure every potato wedge got coated in spice and olive oil.
- Bake the potato wedges for 20 minutes. Lower the heat to 400 and check on the potatoes. You’ll need to toss them and rotate your baking sheet. Bake for another 10-20 minutes until the potato wedges are tender on the inside.
For making the Crema:
- In the meantime, take out your Vitamix and place all the crema ingredients in the blender.
- Blend for a few seconds until smooth and velvety. Pour the crema into a serving bowl.
- Serve the crema with the potatoes and enjoy 🙂