This shrimp pineapple chili salsa tacos recipe is a 15 minute meal that packs a punch of flavor, fresh vibrant colors with a seafood deluxe feel! It’s a special post using one of McEwan’s Own pineapple chili salsa which dresses up the shrimps, the coleslaw salad and adds a sweet, tangy, sour finish to the tacos! Bring the five star flavor experience to your dinner table in minutes!
This is a special recipe, not only because it’s a 15 minute start to finish show stopper meal, but also because it involves shrimps—one of my top seafood picks.
These shrimp pineapple chili salsa tacos come together in 15 minutes, just 15 minutes. I love using shrimps because they broil in the oven for 3-5 minutes, and they are easily grilled on your bbq for 3 minutes per side until they’re pink and cooked through. But feel free to use another type of fish if you prefer—salmon would be so lovely here! Because I love an extra crunch, I used a box of rainbow coleslaw from the McEwan store. And the coleslaw is dressed ever so simply with a couple tablespoons of the pineapple salsa for an instant fresh tangy taste.
The rest of the recipe is as simple as this—shrimps are broiled for 3-5 minutes (depending on the size of the shrimps) with just salt and pepper. Once they’re cooked, they are instantly tossed with the McEwan’s own pineapple chili salsa for an instant infusion of sweet, sour, tangy, spicy flavor that compliments the shrimp beautifully. And just like that—the shrimp pineapple chili salsa tacos is ready to dress up!
I love toasting corn tortillas, layering a bit of coleslaw at the bottom, topping it with the delicious pineapple chili salsa shrimps, and I finish it off with scallions, fresh pineapple chunks, fresh cilantro, sliced jalapeños, and a load of more of McEwan’s own chunky pineapple chili salsa! Now enjoy 🙂
Shrimp Pineapple Chili Salsa Tacos
- 2 lbs of fresh shrimps , peeled and deveined—any count you prefer (I used 21-26 count here)
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt
- 1/4 teaspoon of pepper
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil
- 1 jar of McEwan’s Own Pineapple Chili Salsa
- 1 bag of mini corn tortillas , toasted
- 1/2 bunch of fresh cilantro
- 2 scallions sliced
- 1 cup of rainbow coleslaw (or any shredded slaw)
- 2 jalapeños , sliced (optional)
- 1/4 cup of fresh pineapple chunks (optional)
- Lime quarters (optional)
- Set the oven to broil and allow it to heat up for 15 minutes.
- In the meantime, toss the coleslaw with 2 tablespoon of the pineapple chilli salsa and set aside. Chop the cilantro and add a tablespoon of it to the slaw mix.
- Toss the shrimps with salt, pepper, olive oil and spread on a single layer in a baking sheet. Place the shrimps on the top most rack of the oven to broil for 3-5minutes (depending on the size).
- Once the shrimps are ready, scoop 1/3 cup of the pineapple chilli salsa on to the shrimps and toss them very well to infuse the flavors.
- Take a mini tortilla and top it with a couple tablespoons of coleslaw (more or less to taste), the pineapple chilli shrimps, scallions, fresh pineapple chunks, jalapeños, cilantro and a squeeze of lime (more or less of each topping according to your taste). Take a toothpick and secure the tortillas from side to side to hold in the filling.
Disclosure: I received compensation in exchange for my contribution to this post. The opinions on this blog are my own.