This nori crust Asian salmon burgers recipe is a flavorful twist on a dull salmon burger. Loaded with garlic, ginger, wasabi and sirracha mayonaise, the salmon burger then gets a nori sesame seed crust before pan frying till crispy perfection. A 20 min healthy burger meal that will change the way you do salmon burgers forever!HAPPY 2016 EVERYONE!!! Are you one of those who make resolutions? Are you one of those who set goals to eat healthy? If you are by any chance–you will be SO happy you came across this recipe!! Honestly, I don’t do the healthy resolutions anymore, I feel like I’m eating healthy good enough for my little self (feel free to judge me all you want lol). I tend to do more of “mom” related resolutions, “work” related resolutions
and “marriage” related resolutions!–but we’ll need a whole other post to get into that! 🙂
OK so nori crust Asian salmon burgers–I don’t know why it took me that long to post this recipe??? It’s my go to everytime I crave a salmon burger..it’s quick, no fuss, super flavorful, really super flavorful and super fresh tasting. I’ve had my share of “fishy” salmon burgers and these nori crust Asian salmon burgers are NOTHING like that!
They taste like a burst of ginger garlic cilantro wasabi salmon with a bit of spice and faint taste of salmon sushi from the nori. I love dressing up my burgers with pickled ginger and avocados but you can add in or less of your favorite toppings.
I had a very picky friend over for lunch last week. She switched to a vegetarian and fish only diet a few months ago, and was getting “sick” of the fishi-ness in her everyday meals.. so she is quite picky, specially when it comes to fish–but for the record, she’s very sweet when it comes to anything else. So she came over for lunch and I’m quite sure she expected a soup or a salad. But I, on the other hand have been on salad and soup mode for a while and really wanted a fish lunch for a change!
So after strong assurance that no fishy-ness will prevail, we made these nori crust Asian salmon burgers. Basically we pulsed in a food processor the salmon, ginger, garlic, cilantro, touch of wasabi, touch of siracha mayonnaise and soy sauce. Then we shaped this mixture into patties that we dipped in a plate of torn nori bits and sesame seeeds. The burgers are then pan fried for 3-5 mins per side. Just like that, your out of this world, flavor loaded burgers are ready to go!
Now just chose your favorite type of bread, spread a nice layer of sriracha mayonnaise (or your favorite) and top that with spinach, pickled ginger, avocado slices, green onions ( add more or less toppings to your choice) and place a salmon burger on top and then take a nice big bite of the freshest tasting salmon burger ever!! <— oh and that’s according to the pickiest fish eater by the way, not just me!
So next time you’re thinking of twisting up your salmon meals, these nori crust Asian salmon burgers will take you to a fresh Asian break from your average roast salmon. And if you’re into a warmer salmon meal that’s unbeatable in flavor–don’t miss out this must try seared salmon with blue cheese recipe–another hit recipe you can’t miss! Enjoy 🙂
Nori Crust Asian Salmon Burgers
- 2 pieces of salmon fillets ( 6-7ounce each)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 inch knob of peeled fresh ginger
- 1/4 cup of cilantro leaves
- 2 teaspoons of soy sauce
- juice of half a lime
- 1 tablespoon of sriracha mayonnaise
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of wasabi paste (more or less to taste)
- 3 sheets of nori , torn or crumbled
- 1/4 cup of sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon of oil
- 2 burger buns , toasted
- Sriracha mayonaise
- Burger toppings--pickled ginger , sliced avocados,chopped scallions, fresh spinach, jalapenos, cilantro (or your favorite)
- In a food processor, pulse the garlic, ginger, cilantro until minced.
- Add in the salmon, wassabi, sriracha, soy sauce, seasoning and pulse to your desired texture (you can make the salmon burgers with salmon pieces as chunky or smooth as you prefer).
- In a wide plate, place the.nori and sesame and mox them together.
- Shape the salmon mixture into 2 large patties (or 3 medium ones).
- Then dip each salmon patty in the nori sesame mixture and coat it on both sides (the mixture will stick naturally).
- In a non stick skillet or cast iron pan.over medium high heat, add in the oil and oan fry the salmon patties for 3-5 mins per side (depending on the size of the burgers and on how well done you prefer your salmon).
- To serve the burger, spread sriracha mayonnaise on the burger buns and layer your toppings, the salmon burger, more toppings and enjoy!