This Grilled Steak and Fall Veggies Platter is the perfect plate to share this season! There’s something for everyone, it comes together in minutes and it’s a burst of flavor and freshness from a sweet dill dressing!
How’s your Fall so far? I have to say it seems like ours is a bit colder than the usual. This basically means warm, cozy comfort foods and occasional spurs of treats.
Today’s grilled steak recipe would be great for a Friendsgiving, a not so typical Thanksgiving, any family gathering, potluck, or just a special everyday dinner!
Why This Grilled Steak and Fall Veggies Platter Recipe Works
First of all, I’ve used this incredible Calphalon Precision Control™ Multi-Grill, Matte Black. I was excited to see this new line of Calphalon Appliances exclusively at Target because I’ve always loved and used their cookware. It’s actually the #1 cookware brand in the US.
It’s the perfect appliance for this grilled steak platter because it delivers precise results every time. Durable construction and careful craftsmanship from Calphalon has now been brought to countertop ovens, blenders, grills and more. You can BUY these incredible products here:
To enable screen reader support, press ⌘+Option+Z To learn about keyboard shortcuts, press ⌘slash
Nw for today’s grilled steak platter, I used the Calphalon Precision Control™ Multi-Grill, Matte Black. Furthermore, I grilled my squash rings, mushrooms, onions and Brussel sprouts using it too! It’s a dream! It’s got a ceramic cooking surface with embedded heating elements that deliver precise temperatures and 20% more even heat for better searing performance and consistent grilling results.
Because of this cooking surface, it’s 11x more durable than standard nonstick surfaces for long-lasting performance. The multi-grill opens a full 180 degrees, which is perfect for open grilling and fits up to 8 hamburger patties at once. My veggies slipped right out of the grill with zero sticking! Zero!
The grilled steak and veggies get the most flavor from the sweet dill dressing—which I certainly highly recommend! Because of that, I don’t need to marinade my veggies or steak at all. I just sprinkle them with a light seasoning, olive oil and grill them right away.
This grilled steak recipe works because it’s sort of a one pot dish, except technically it’s a one grill dish. So I start grilling my veggies and then finish off with the steak. And while you may think this platter would be a hassle for veggies to cook perfectly, I found it it much quicker than roasting!
The squash needed exactly 12 minutes for tender, melt in your mouth feel while the remaining veggies needed 8 mins. I would probably say 45 mins start to finish is all you need to this perfect grilled steak and veggies platter. And once you’re done, simply remove the plates and wash them!
Another thing I’ll mention again is the dill sauce. It’s a sweet, spicy, bright sauce that pops up the whole platter. If you love dill, you MUST make this sauce and keep extra to drizzle on fish, salads and sandwiches! However, if dill is not your thing, swap it for an herb you like.
How to Make Grilled Steak and Fall Veggies Platter
First of all, prepare your veggies. Slice, cut, chop, peel..etc. Have the squash in a separate plate than the other veggies because they cook a bit longer. Season your veggies lightly with salt, pepper, oregano and olive oil.
Turn your Calphalon Precision Control™ Multi-Grill on to your desired temperature (how cool is that?!). I put it on 400F. And arrange the squash slices in a single layer and cover the grill.
Once the squash is ready, you’ll remove them into a platter and repeat the same ting with the remaining veggies.
For the grilled steak, I love a seasoning if salt, pepper, oregano, garlic powder and onion powder. It doesn’t overpower the flavor of steak at all, it’s rather a compliment to it. Grill the steak the same way for 10-15 minutes deepening on the thickness and how well you prefer your steak.
In the meantime you’ll quickly whip the sweet dill mustard sauce and keep it ready.
Start arranging your grilled steak platter with the grilled veggies and steak. You may slice the steak or keep it as is, I prefer slicing. Make super your wait about 5-8 minutes after the steak is done before slicing it though. That way it remains juicy!
Now drizzle a light drizzle of the sweet dill sauce and keep extra on the side. Enjoy every bite of this wholesome delicious and hearty platter!! Share it with people you love, it tastes even more delicious when shared! And don’t forget to head to your local Target store to pick up the new Calphalon Precision appliances—you know you need them in your life!! 🙂
Tips for Success:
You can prepare this platter entirely 2 days in advance, just make sure not to drizzle any sauce over it. Another thing to keep in mind is the doneness of the steak. You can under cook it and it’s best of you don’t slice it except before serving. Reheat it in an oven or microwave before serving.
The sauce can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
This grilled steak and veggies platter is great as it is, but also would be perfect served with some crusty bread or fluffy white rice. If you’re looking for a lighter option, serve the plater with some chickpeas, cooked lentils and a huge bowl of salad greens. Use the same dill dressing to flavor the salad.
Make sure to try this Grilled Steak Platter and tag me so I can check out your creative meals too! Enjoy 🙂
Grilled Steak and Fall Veggies Platter
For the Veggies:
- 1 butternut squash peeled and sliced into 1/4 inch thickness
- 2 cups Brussel sprouts cut in half
- 1 cup mushrooms
- 1 red onion large, sliced
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 3 teaspoons black pepper
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 3 Tablespoons olive oil
For the Grilled Steak:
- 2 sirloin steaks 1.5 lb, trimmed of any fat
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano or rosemary
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
Sweet Dill Dressing:
- 1 Tablespoon mustard grainy, dijon or honey mustard
- 2 teaspoons honey
- salt and pepper just a pinch
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh dill leaves chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon chilli flakes optional
- Preheat the Calphalon Precision Control™ Multi-Grill to 400F.
- Season the veggies and start placing the squash on one side of the grill. Close the grill lip over the squash and allow it too grill until tender—about 12 minutes.
- Remove the squash on to your plater and repeat with he remaining veggies, closing the grill lid. The veggies need an extra 8-10 mins at most.
- Remove the veggies and place your seasoned steaks on the grill.
- Depending on the thickness and doneness level you prefer, the steaks need anywhere from 8-15 minutes on the grill.
- Remove the steaks to a cutting board and allow them to rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- In the meantime make the sweet dill sauce by mixing all of he ingredients in a bowl.
- Slice the steak and arrange the grilled steak and grilled veggies on a large platter. Add some green arugula/spinach and any other veggie you prefer.
- Drizzle a light drizzle of the sweet dill dressing over the entire platter and leave the rest aside.
- Serve this delicious grilled steak platter as is or with rice, bread, salad or pasta! Enjoy!!
1.You can prepare this platter entirely 2 days in advance, just make sure not to drizzle any sauce over it. Another thing to keep in mind is the doneness of the steak. You can under cook it and it’s best of you don’t slice it except before serving. Reheat it in an oven or microwave before serving.
2. The sauce can be made up to a week in advance and stored in the fridge.
3. This grilled steak and veggies platter is great as it is, but also would be perfect served with some crusty bread or fluffy white rice. If you’re looking for a lighter option, serve the plater with some chickpeas, cooked lentils and a huge bowl of salad greens. Use the same dill dressing to flavor the salad.