Here’s a succulent weeknight dinner that’s deliciously easy and quick to make! Coconut Scallops Piccata is an elegant seafood dish that’s a perfect blend of succulent tender wild caught scallops, buttery garlic caper sauce with a tang of lemon, all round up together in sweet creamy coconut cream! A no miss recipe that I’m sure you’ll be making more often than you think!
Today’s divine recipe is sponsored by my friends at Marina Del Rey Foods —suppliers of fresh, delicious and wild caught seafood! If you’ve never tried their Argentinian wild caught shrimp and Icelandic wild caught scallops, you’re missing out on the most succulent, sweet tasting and nutritious seafood! So go ahead and try for yourself 🙂
So much to chat and brag about today! I have the BEST giveaway EVER. Like ever. And I have a mouthwatering delicious recipe. So let’s get going! First of all, those scallops. Melt in your mouth succulent. Sweet. Nutritious. Delicious. Just divine! And the coconut scallops piccata recipe—a luscious scallops recipe that’s ready in 20 minutes!
Serve this over pasta, rice, or with a side of salad and some crusty bread like I do here. I can’t say which is my favorite way to enjoy these, it just depends on my mood 🙂 Today I’m keeping light with a salad and some crusty Italian bread.
And now drum rolls please… How would you like to WIN a trip to Iceland?!! YES a trip for two to Iceland where those succulent wild scallops are caught? This trip is sponsored by WOW airlines and it’s open to all Canadian residents!! Marina del Rey scallops are wild caught in their natural habitat, in the cold Atlantic waters around the northwestern fjords of Iceland. Sweet, plump and delicious, exactly how nature intended! These scallops are available across Canada. Visit this page for a list of retailers.
Out of all the many places I’ve been to around the world, I haven’t had the chance to visit Iceland. It’s certainly been on my to visit list and with a fabulous opportunity to see and devour those wild caught scallops!! It’s probably THE dream trip for me! You guys are SO lucky, I envy you 🙂 Details BELOW!!
Now can you guys have a look at this coconut scallops recipe video below: How easy and scrumptious does it look?!
Another thing I have to mention, this recipe is totally forgiving. Like you can more on the capers, less on the garlic, minus the lemon, add in some oranges, skip the coconut, add in some Greek yogurt..etc.. So while it’s delicious as it is, I always love it when you can personalize each recipe to your taste. Even more, if you can make it differently each time then you enjoy it endlessly 🙂
So I’ll quickly walk you through my favorite tips and steps for this coconut scallops piccata. First of all, I love searing my scallops in butter—but olive oil, coconut oil (YUM) are also fabulous choices. I love a nice golden sear on my scallops so for that reason I wait about 3 minutes before flipping them (on high heat). Then I get them out of my skillet and go in with more butter and garlic. Likewise, here’s where you can add shallots or swap one for he other.
Then I go in with my capers, a little bit of stock and let the liquid evaporate. This takes probably anywhere from 3-5 minutes depending on your stove, and then you’ll go in with the lemon slices, your perfectly seared scallops and some coconut cream. I love coconut cream here because it perfectly compliments the sweetness of the scallops—but by all means feel free to use Greek yogurt, regular table cream if coconut is not your thing.
For the record, you don’t get a strong taste of coconut here, just a beautifully mild sweetness 🙂 Plus you can adjust how saucy or not you like your scallops piccata. So add up for a saucy piccata (specially if you’re serving this over pasta!) and add less in tis case since I’m serving it with bread and salad.
Finally, finish off with some fresh parsley and now you’re all ready to serve up this coconut scallops piccata goodness on to your plate of pasta, rice, salad and ENJOY!! 🙂 Make this fabulous one and tag me so I can follow your delicious creations!
Now for the FUN!! Here’s the giveaway I told you about below 🙂
Complete List of Rules HERE.
Coconut Scallops Piccata Recipe and Video
- 1 bag of Marine Del Rey Wild Caught Icelandic Scallops
- 1/8 teaspoon of salt and pepper more or less to taste
- 4 Tablespoons of unsalted butter divided
- 2 cloves of garlic minced
- 1/4 cup of drained capers
- 1/2 cup of vegetable stock
- 1 lemon sliced
- 1/3 cup of coconut cream up to 2 cups— more or less depending on how saucy you like your scallops piccata to be
- 2 tablespoons of chopped fresh parsley leaves
- Season your scallops with salt and pepper.
- Over high heat, preheat a non stick or cast iron skillet with 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Add the scallops to the skillet and wait for at least 3 minutes until the scallops are seared and golden. Flip the scallops and sear on the other side for another 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the scallops from the skillet, keeping the stove on but lower the heat to medium.
- Add the remaining 2 tablespoons of butter to the same skillet and when it melts, add in the garlic.
- Sautee the garlic for a minute and add in the capers and stock.
- Let the mixture boil and simmer for 5 minutes until it has reduced to half.
- Add in some lemon slices, the seared scallops and toss them for a minute allowing the lemon slices to soften up a little.
- Then add in the cream, toss the sauce together and let it cook for another minute. Turn off the heat and add in the parsley.
- Serve over pasta, rice, with a crusty bread and salad, and enjoy! 🙂