It’s everything on the grill season, and pizza is no exception! This Veggie Pizza On the Grill with Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce recipe is an easy and delicious way to add gourmet to your everyday pizza. It’s crispy with a char flavor from the BBQ, spread with a creamy spicy garlic blue cheese sauce, loaded with a fresh crisp kale beet blend, some sweet pears, more blue cheese crumbles and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.. Serious Pizza Perfection!
This delicious post today is sponsored by my friends at MANN’S Veggies Made Easy—suppliers of the best, freshest and tastiest veggies ever! I’m super excited to share with you some of my favorite products from MANN’S and all the endless ways I use them!
Have you guys ever made pizza on the grill? If yes, then you know how AMAZING it is! And if not, then I’ll be sharing with you how to make it for the first time and ENJOY it all season long 🙂 Because frankly, a pizza on your bbq is something you can’t miss! I love to make simple, easy and fresh pizzas on the grill like this veggie pizza as oppose to something like the classic pepperoni. While the concept is the same and technique too, I feel the grill is perfect for something different than the classics 🙂
So we’re starting off with a veggie pizza that’s utterly deliciously gourmet yet easy and simple to make. I probably barely use the word gourmet around here since so many of us associate that word with something too fancy to be homemade and too French lol. But the truth is, gourmet simply means really delicious in France! So from now on I’m using gourmet the way the French people do—when a recipe is utterly delicious 🙂
Before I get to the veggie pizza, can I remind you of this other gourmet Italian Strawberry Balsamic Broccoli Slaw recipe I made last month? It’s also made using one of my favorite slaws from Mann’s veggies Made Easy—which you can find at almost all retailers nationwide so yay!! I’ve been using them for years and they always taste perfectly fresh no matter what the date on the package says. So it’s no secret I’m super excited to share more of their amazing products with you 🙂
Today’s hero topping for my veggie pizza is the Kale Beet Blend. A luscious crispy blend of kale, golden beet sticks, red cabbage and kohlrabi. These pair beautiful with my blue cheese sauce and for a contrast of textures and sweetness, I added sliced pears. A match made in heaven for all blue cheese lovers! I shared this veggie pizza with my blue cheese loving friend and she DEVOURED it!
Let’s get started breaking down this recipe! First of all making the pizza dough. You know I’m a from scratch person so if you ask me I’ll say make this Best Pizza Dough or this No Knead Overnight Pizza Dough which is easier if you plan ahead of time. Also while you’re checking out these recipes, be sure to scroll down and read the tips I shared for achieving your favorite crust perfection! However I will state for the record, you can buy your favorite ready made pizza dough and it will work just as well!
Roll out your pizza dough to the thickness you prefer and place it on a medium high grill for 2 minutes, flip it for another 2 minutes and it’s DONE! At that point you’ll pile up your toppings and sauces. I made this Garlic Blue Cheese Dip – it’s creamy with no cream, garlicky with a touch of spice and a burst of blue cheese flavor! I love spreading a layer of this dip on my grilled pizza dough, top that with crispy kale beet blend, sweet sliced pears, pomegranate arils (optional), crumbles of blue cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
Pure pizza decadence!!! This veggie pizza is awesome sliced into pizza wedges or rolled up like a wrap—photo above 🙂 I personally preferred the wrapped up version which probably looks unusual for pizza. However, because my grandma is Turkish and I ate plenty of this Turkish Pizza Lahmacun, I feel like a pizza wrap is totally a normal thing! 🙂 Certainly feel free to slice it into wedges if this concept doesn’t make sense to you lol Above all, I have to say that this veggie pizza wrapped, sliced, however you eat it you’ll ENJOY every single bite!! 🙂
Veggie Pizza On the Grill with Garlic Blue Cheese Sauce:
- Pizza dough (homemade or store bought—check the recipe for Best Pizza Dough or No Knead Overnight Pizza Dough
- Recipe for Garlic Blue Cheese Dip
- 1 bag of Mann’s Veggies Made easy KALE BEET BLEND
- 2 Pears cored and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup of blue cheese crumbles
- 1/2 cup of pomegranate arils (optional
- Balsamic Vinegar for drizzling
- Prepare the pizza dough or use your favorite store bought brand. Roll out the dough into a 9 inch circle/square on a lightly floured surface. Let the pizza dough rest for 20 minutes while you prepare the dip and preheat the grill.
- Preheat your grill to medium high.
- Make the Garlic Blue Cheese Dip, and set aside.
- Brush one side of the pizza dough with olive oil and place that brushed side on the grill. Cover the lid and let the pizza dough cook for 2 minutes.
- Brush the top side of the pizza dough and then flip the dough so the newly brushed side in now facing the flame.
- Cover the lid and let the pizza dough cook fully for another 2 minutes.
- Remove the pizza dough from the grill and then spread a layer of the blue cheese dip, top that with the crunchy kale beet blend, some sweet sliced pears, crumbles of blue cheese and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar.
- Slice the pizza into wedges or roll it out like a wrap and enjoy ! 🙂