This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and The Coca-Cola Company. All opinions are mine alone. #GameTimeHosting #CollectiveBias
Today’s Easy DIY Tailgate Party Food is a bunch of my favorite recipes to help you throw a tailgate party in a breeze! It’s a combo of cool herb yogurt dip, a sweet and spicy peach and avocado chunky salsa and dark chocolate Coca-Cola brownies! Serve these with a selection of Wise Chips, ice cream floats, more ice cream and you’ve got a huge cheering smile on everyone’s face for the game!
I love tailgating season. Love the energy, the gathering, the food..everything. Now with the launch of the season, we usually don’t pick teams, but as we go, the excitement starts to build up. Towards the end of the season, our tailgate party is very much split in two colors. We dress up in team colors, we decorate the table with two table cloths in the same colors and even the food takes on the color theme! After the game, the winning team color prevails. So we clear up the other color and celebrate.
But for now, we’re having a really cool tailgate party. No colors or themes yet, just a fun gathering of friends, family and great food. So let’s talk about the food. I went to my closest Family Dollar for plenty of my tailgate party snacks. I picked my selection of Coca-Cola™ drinks and found a variety of Wise products displayed close to it. I find really affordable prices and a huge selection to chose from, so I usually pick a wide range and pair them with deliciously simple dips for tailgating!
For today, since the weather is ultra hot this summer, I’m making a cool yogurt herb dip that’s refreshing and light as air. Then I whip up a chunky avocado salsa loaded with fresh chopped peaches—a perfect combo of sweet, spicy and tangy. Both those amazing dips take 10 mins of prep and chop work. When you plate them with a collection of Wise products and some sliced veggies, have some cold Coca-Cola drinks on the side–now watch everyone dig in 🙂
So have you noticed those divine looking brownies? These are Coca-Cola brownies!! Super fudgy, ultra chooclate-y brownies that are made using one bowl and a whisk! They’re easier than you can ever imagine, and sweetened with Coca-Cola and just a tiny bit of sugar! The Cola here adds a rich deep flavor to the chocolate, and a nice chewy spongy like texture to the brownies. The photos below are best to prove how easy and quick these brownies come togther—whisk eggs, sugar and cocoa powder, add in Cola, whisk some more, add in flour, whisk a final time. Pour the brownie batter over a parchment lined square pan, bake for 17 mins and it’s ready! Slice up and go for it! Some ice cream maybe? Chocolate sauce maybe? Or just plain simple divine brownies as they are!
Now because we love to indulge in our tailgate party, we’re serving up some fresh bubbly chocolate ice cream soda floats! If you’re a vanilla ice cream float person, strawberry ice cream float, or any other flavor—feel free to use that! I’m pairing my ice cream with Sprite because I love the fresh lemony flavor it adds to my floats.
And just like that, this fabulous tailgate party comes together! Always look for the one-stop Coca-Cola and Wise snacks display at Family Dollar, and get this amazing deal— SAVE $1 when you buy (1) 12-pack of any Coca-Cola® product plus (1) Wise snack 3oz or larger at Family Dollar today! Psssst here’s a quick link to locate your closest Family Dollar, and you can also follow their latest updates on Facebook , Twitter and social media channels. Give this easy tailgate party food a try at home and share how you enjoyed it! 🙂
Easy DIY Tailgate Party Food
- Coca-Cola Brownes:
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar
- 1/3 cup of Cocoa Powder
- 1/2 cup of Coca-Cola
- pinch of salt
- 1/2 cup of All purpose Flour
- Yogurt Herb Dip:
- 1 cup of Greek Yogurt
- 1/4 cup of mixed minced fresh herbs ( I used a mix of parsley, thyme and basil)
- pinch of salt
- juice of half a lemon
- Avocado Peach Salsa:
- 2 avocados pitted and died
- 2 Peached , pitted and diced
- 1 jalapeno sliced
- 1/4 teaspoon of salt
- 2 scallions chopped
- 2 tablespoons of minced Cilantro
- juice of 1 lime
- 1 Tablespoon of olive oil
- Make the brownies first. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees. Line an 8 inch square pan with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a large bowl, add in the eggs, sugar and cocoa powder. Use a whisk and whisk the mixture until you see no lumps.
- Add in the Cola and whisk, then add in the salt and flour and whisk again.
- Pour the brownies batter into the prepared baking sheet and bake for 15-17 mins.
- In the meantime, prepare the dips. For the yogurt dip, mix all the ingredients together and taste the salt. Adjust it if you need to.
- For the salsa, mix all the ingredients together and taste for salt and spice level. Add more or less jalapeños to your taste.
- When brownies are ready, remove them and cool them for 10 mins before slicing.
- Slice the brownies and serve right away as they are or with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce.
- Serve some ice cream floats on the side if you like, combine a scoop of your favorite ce cream and our some Sprite on top.
- Enjoy! 🙂
Nutrition Table is for 2 slices of brownies and an ice cream float